The designation of "MSA Fellow" is intended to recognize senior distinguished members of the Society who have made significant contributions to the advancement of the science and practice of microscopy imaging, analysis and diffraction techniques. Such notable contributions could include, for example, technique development or applications, extensive service to the microscopy profession (e.g., education, outreach) or distinguished service to the Society. Election to MSA Fellow will be highly selective but should represent a broad cross-section of the MSA membership. Minimum of ten years MSA membership is required, except in very special circumstances, and no self-nominations will be accepted.
MSA Fellow Nomination Form Nominations closed September 30, 2013
Nomination and Election Details
- Minimum of ten years MSA membership, except in very special circumstances.
- Current members of Council and members of the Fellowship Committee will not be eligible for nomination in a given year.
- No self-nominations will be accepted.
- Nominations will be kept on-file and considered active for a period of 2 years
- Nomination package:
- Suggested citation statement – limited to a maximum of 30 words.
- Statement describing the nominee's achievements or contributions – limited to a maximum of 750 words.
- Letters of nomination from a sponsor and co-sponsor, both of whom must be MSA members.
- No more than two additional supporting letters.
- All nomination materials must be submitted as a single package
- Nominating period: July 1 - Sept 30
- Fellowship Committee: to consist of three MSA members from the biological sciences, three MSA members from the physical sciences, one member of the Education Committee, and one member of the Technologists' Forum Committee.
- Recommendations from the Fellowship Committee will be ratified for election by MSA Council at the following Winter Council meeting.
- Certificates designating election to Fellowship will be presented at the annual M&M meeting.
- The number of MSA members elected to Fellowship in any one year is restricted to no more than 0.5% of the total MSA membership.