X90 - Microscopy in the Classroom
Local educators and registered conference attendees are invited to participate in presentations, round table discussions, and demonstrations of effective strategies for microscopy outreach and education from K-12 and post secondary classrooms. This session will show how microscopy in education serves as an important learning tool for inspiring our future STEM professionals. Those involved in microscopy education or educational outreach are encouraged to submit a paper about their successful program or lesson for platform or poster presentation.
- Best practices for incorporating microscopy into K-12 and post secondary classrooms and curricula
- Local and national initiatives emphasizing STEM education and outreach
- Methods to expose students to microscopy in a fun, engaging and impactful manner
X91 - Microscopy Explorations (formerly "Family Affair")
A fun, hands-on session for families and kids of all ages!
Elaine Humphrey, Janet Schwarz, Pat Connelly
The exciting world of microscopy opens up for attendeesâ€™ family and friends.
This session includes:
- Some new Microscopic Explorations
- A mystery to solve using microscopy
- Materials science and biological science
X92 - A Project MICRO Workshop
Elaine Humphrey, Caroline Schooley, Janet Schwarz, Pat Connelly
- The Project MICRO workshop has its venue in the MegaBooth all week after the Exhibit Hall opens
- Visit the Outreach booth every day to see how to set up different stations in a classroom
- Share your experiences with how you have fun with microscopy outreach
- See different microscope systems for use in a classroom, in action
- Peruse the books suitable for school age children
- Put your name into a draw for the daily door prize