PMC X60 Financial Aid Information
To apply for financial aid, please complete the PMCx60 Financial Aid Application Form.
**** FINANCIAL AID AWARD DETAILS ****
The PMCx60 organizers are pleased to offer financial support to qualifying PMCx60 registrants. All PMCx60 registrants are welcome to apply. The awards will be granted primarily on the basis of financial need -- those who are unable to attend the PMCx60 without a financial aid will be prioritized.
There is a limited number of financial aid awards available; to maximize the number of awards we are offering a reimbursement of $150 for students, and $235 for non-students. The aim here is to reimburse the cost of Early Rate registration, and provide $75 towards housing for PMCx60 attendees. Early Rate registration ends on June 25th, so register now!
If needed, we will prioritize individuals who are presenting posters at the PMCx60. The PMCx60 features two poster sessions, giving attendees the opportunity to share their work with peers ahead of the main M&M meeting. To submit a poster, email your accepted M&M paper, and the poster title to be printed in the PMCx60 program book, to Meeting Chairperson Ethan Lawrence at email@example.com.
Individuals who are attending the full M&M meeting (Aug. 2-6) will also be prioritized if needed.
To apply for financial aid, please complete the form, including a short justification for your application.
For more information about the PMCx60, email the Meeting Chairperson or MSA StC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**** IMPORTANT ****
TO ACCEPT THE FINANCIAL AID AWARD, YOU WILL HAVE TO PRODUCE PROOF OF REGISTRATION TO THE MAIN M&M MEETING (I.E. A REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION EMAIL). ONLY THEN WILL YOU BE PROVIDED WITH A COMPLIMENTARY REGISTRATION TO THE PMCX60, AND BE ELIGIBLE FOR REIMBURSEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT PRODUCE PROOF OF REGISTRATION, YOUR FINANCIAL AID AWARD WILL BE OFFERED TO AN APPLICANT ON THE WAITLIST
**** SCHEDULE ****
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 22, 2020
ROUND 1 AWARDEES AND WAIT LIST ANNOUNCED: MAY 24, 2020
ROUND 1 AWARD ACCEPTANCE DEADLINE (PROOF OF M&M REGISTRATION REQUIRED): JUNE 7, 2020
ROUND 2 AWARDEES ANNOUNCED: JUNE 7, 2020
ROUND 2 AWARD ACCEPTANCE DEADLINE (PROOF OF M&M REGISTRATION REQUIRED): JUNE 21, 2020
**** Information for award winners ****
You will receive free registration to PMCx60 and $75 for assistance with housing if you follow the following steps.
1. You MUST register for M&M 2020 by June 22. During registration, do not add a PMCx60 registration to your cart. Administrative personnel will add on a free, complimentary registration to your M&M registration next week.
2. If you wish to claim the $75 for housing/accommodation, you MUST stay at one of the 5 conference hotels. You are free to stay at other hotels or use Airbnb if you wish, but we can't give you the $75 reimbursement for your stay at these locations. To book a room at an M&M hotel, use the portal on this page: (https://www.microscopy.org/MandM/2020/hoteltravel/hotel.cfm).
3. Following M&M, you must use this form to receive the $75 reimbursement:
- You will need to complete & submit the form with receipt after you return home from the meeting. Reimbursements will be sent post-meeting.
- No payments will be disbursed at the meeting. (No exceptions, sorry.)