Biological Sciences Tutorials
X41 - Panoramic Optical Mapping and Micro Computed Tomography for In-Depth 3D Characterization of the Arrhythmogenic Substrate in Murine Hearts
Elaine Y. Wan, Columbia University, Irving Medical Center
X42 - Indirect correlative light and electron microscopy (iCLEM)
Heather Struckman, The Ohio State University
Rengasayee (Sai) Veeraraghavan, The Ohio State University
- iCLEM exploits structural fiducials in samples that are identifiable via both light and electron microscopy to correlate distributions of measurements rather than individual images.
- This sidesteps the need to image samples on two different microscopes.
- iCLEM incorporates computational image analyses designed for rich quantitative assessment and high throughput.
Physical Sciences Tutorials
X43 - A Multi-Modal Approach for Characterizing Battery Materials
Dr. Arnaud Demortiere
- Electrochemical TEM investigations for liquid and solid electrolyte
- 4D-STEM ASTAR and 3DED techniques: a mapping of crystallographic transformation
- Micro & nano-XCT a tool for 3D morphological investigation in coupling with phase contrast, XANES, diffraction and ptychography.
X44 - Precession Electron Diffraction: A Little Bit of History, Basics, and Recent Developments in Projected Crystal Symmetry Quantifications
Peter Moeck, Portland State University
- A brief history of the technique
- Experimental implementation of a commercial product by NanoMEGAS and quasi-kinematic crystallography in 3D on the basis of sets of zone axis patterns
- Recent developments in projected crystal symmetry quantifications and very recent developments in correcting for dynamical diffraction effects.