Microscopy & Microanalysis 2020 Meeting
NOTICE as of Monday, June 1, 2020
Due to ongoing health concerns related to the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), as well as global and organizational travel restrictions and other concerns shared by the M&M community in recent surveys, on 7-May 2020 MSA and MAS decided to cancel the in-person meeting originally scheduled for August 2-6, 2020 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
We are excited to announce that the M&M 2020 Meeting content will be presented on a virtual (completely online) meeting in its place. The M&M Virtual Meeting will take place August 4-7, 2020.
MSA/MAS member volunteers, Association headquarters staff, and the M&M Meeting and Exhibits Management teams are hard at work addressing the many specifics that are inherent to this change. Important information, such as specific content information and presentation schedules, will be communicated as they become available. We appreciate your patience as this is a very large and multifaceted task.
- Registration for the M&M 2020-VIRTUAL meeting is now open at the REGISTER NOW button above. Revised registration fees are at the "Registration Fees" page. Please contact the Registrar (at the "Contact us" button above) if you have questions about your existing registration.
- All Milwaukee hotel reservations made through the official M&M housing site have been canceled. No fees were charged regarding any existing reservation cancellation.
- If you booked accommodations through a different website (a hotel website, or a booking site such as expedia.com, hotels.com, or kayak.com, or through your own travel agency), you will need to contact your hotel or travel provider and cancel your reservation directly.
- If you are an M&M 2020 Meeting exhibitor: Exhibiting company contacts will be receiving detailed information directly from the Exhibits Manager very soon regarding their available options.
- If you have already booked air tickets to Milwaukee, we suggest that you contact your airline to investigate the cancellation options available to you.
If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Again, we thank you for your patience, continued support, and understanding in these unexpected circumstances. We will be in touch with important updates as soon as possible!
Esther Bullitt, President, Microscopy Society of America
Rhonda Stroud, President, Microanalysis Society
Huolin Xin, M&M 2020 Program Chair