Sustaining Member Benefits
Sustaining membership in the Microscopy Society of America (MSA) is the way in which members of the microscopy community, especially those with commercial concerns interested in its promotion and growth, provide special support. In addition to the broad benefit of promoting the professional organization in the microscopic imaging and analytical sciences, Sustaining Members are recognized prominently in all MSA publications including the Journal of Microscopy and Microanalysis, the M&M Annual Meeting Proceedings, the MSA Sustaining Member Directory, the annual M&M Meeting Program, and the Microscopy & Microanalysis Exhibit Supplement. Sustaining Members are also consulted regularly for advice on relevant aspects of the Society's operations.
Companies may apply as a joint MSA/MAS Sustaining Member and enjoy benefits of membership in both Societies at reduced rates. Click here to learn more.
Sustaining Members Benefits:
For questions on how to access your benefits as a Sustaining Member, please contact the current Sustaining Members Committee chair (click here for contact information) or the MSA office at email@example.com.
- Recognition in all MSA Publications and visibility at the Annual Meetings
- A listing in MSA's Sustaining Member Directory, with e-mail and a link to your site
- A customized MSA Sustaining Membership Plaque
- A complimentary subscription to Microscopy and Microanalysis (bi-monthly)
- A complimentary subscription to MSA's magazine, Microscopy Today
- Publication of company name, address, and website link in Microscopy Today Buyer's Guide
- First right of refusal for posting the latest developments from your company in Microscopy Today Product News
- 15% discount on Microscopy Today webinars
- Discounted rates of up to 50% for Job Placement service postings
- Quarterly postings to the Sustaining Member News page
- For the M&M Annual Meeting:
- 1 priority point for the M&M Exhibit Hall; 2 points for Joint MSA/MAS members
- Sustaining Member designation floor sticker in the M&M Exhibit Hall
- One complimentary ticket to the M&M Annual Meeting Sunday Night Social and the opportunity to purchase Sunday Night Social Tickets at a 50% discount
- An invitation to the Sustaining Members Breakfast at the M&M Annual Meeting
- Representation on MSA Council via the Sustaining Members Committee Chair
- Voting privileges at the MSA Members Meeting during the M&M Annual Meeting
- Up to three (3) designated company representatives to enjoy all the benefits of individual MSA membership
Sustaining Membership Dues
MSA Sustaining Memberships Dues are paid annually for the calendar year. Dues are not pro-rated.
|North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)||$800.00 USD|
|Outside North America||$825.00 USD|
The dues of $800 ($825 outside North America) per year will provide support for MSA Education/Scholarship programs and Local Affiliate Societies events.
If you are already an MSA member, take a moment to talk to your colleagues and/or students about MSA’s great benefits and encourage them to join the society. Invite them to become part of our worldwide microscopy community.
Joint MSA / MAS Membership Option
The Microscopy Society of America (MSA) and the Microanalysis Society (MAS) are supporting joint application / renewal of Sustaining Member dues. Sustaining Members may elect to support both societies with one submission from either the MAS or MSA online membership portals.
Benefits of becoming a joint MSA/MAS member include:
- A $100 savings: a $50 discount off the Sustaining Member dues for each Society relative to paying each separately. For example, separate memberships in MSA and MAS would normally cost $1,600.00. Through this special arrangement, memberships in both Societies will cost only $1,500.00 for membership. Membership for each society runs by calendar year.
- No duplication of effort in filling out forms, invoicing, etc.
- Sustaining Members may designate up to three (3) company representatives as individual members of each society, with full member privileges in that society. This totals up to six (6) complimentary individual memberships!
To elect Sustaining Membership of both MAS and MSA, just click “Join MSA Online” below, and fill out the online form. Make sure to select Joint MSA/MAS Sustaining Membership, then select the appropriate payment option and submit your payment. You will receive confirmation of dues payment from both Societies. If you would like to renew your Sustaining Membership as a Joint Sustaining Membership, simply process your renewal online like usual and make sure to select the Joint MSA/MAS Sustaining Membership option when selecting your membership renewal type.
For questions or help with joining and/or renewing your MSA Sustaining Membership or your Joint MSA/MAS Sustaining Membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.