Sustaining Member Benefits
Sustaining membership in the Microscopy Society of America (MSA) is the way in which members of the microscopy community, especially those with commercial concerns interested in its promotion and growth, provide special support. In addition to the broad benefit of promoting the professional organization in the microscopic imaging and analytical sciences, Sustaining Members are recognized prominently in all MSA publications including the Journal of Microscopy and Microanalysis, the Annual Meeting Proceedings, the MSA Directory, the annual Meeting Program, and the Microscopy & Microanalysis Exhibit Supplement. Sustaining Members are also consulted regularly for advice on relevant aspects of the Society's operations.
Companies may apply as a joint MSA/MAS Sustaining Member and enjoy benefits of membership in both Societies at reduced rates. Click here to learn more.
Sustaining Members Receive:
- Recognition in all MSA Publications and visibility at the Annual Meetings
- A complimentary subscription to Microscopy and Microanalysis (bi-monthly)
- Post the latest developments from your company in Microscopy Today Product News
- A complimentary listing in MSA's Sustaining Member Directory, with e-mail and a web link to your site
- Access to services of the MSA Placement Office
- A complimentary subscription to MSA's magazine, Microscopy Today
- Publication of company name, address and web link in Microscopy Today Buyer's Guide
- One complimentary ticket to the Annual Meeting Sunday Night Social
- Opportunity to purchase Sunday Night Social Tickets at a 50% Discount
- An invitation to the Sustaining Members Breakfast at the Annual Meeting
- • A complimentary rental of the Society’s Membership list for the use of a pre-Annual Meeting digital mailing
- A customized MSA Sustaining Membership Plaque
- Representation on MSA Council
- Voting privileges at the Annual MSA Members Meeting
- Discounted rates of up to 50% for Job Placement Service postings. Contact MSA for details.
- MSA Sustaining membership allows up to three company representatives to enjoy all benefits of an individual MSA membership.
North America (USA, Canada, Mexico) — $600.00
Outside North America — $625.00
The dues of $600 ($625 outside North America) per year will provide support for MSA Education/ Scholarship programs and Local Affiliate Societies events. A standing Sustaining Members Committee administers the benefits package to the Sustaining Members; Tom Nuhfer, current Chair, can be contacted to discuss any questions or concerns that you may have.
If you are already an MSA member, take a moment to talk to your colleagues and/or students about MSA's great benefits and encourage them to join the society. Invite them to be come part of our world wide microscopy community.
Joint MSA / MAS Membership Option
The Microscopy Society of America (MSA) and the Microanalysis Society (MAS) are supporting joint application / renewal of Sustaining Member dues. Sustaining Members may elect to support both societies with one submission from either the MAS or MSA on-line registration web sites.
Benefits of becoming a joint MSA/MAS member include:
- A $100 savings: a $50 discount off of the Sustaining Member dues for each Society relative to paying each separately. For example, separate memberships in MSA and MAS would normally cost $1,200.00. Through this special arrangement, memberships in both Societies will cost only $1,100.00 for membership. Membership for each society runs by calendar year.
- No duplication of effort in filling out forms, invoicing, etc.
- Sustaining Members may designate up to three individuals as Regular Members of the two societies, with full member privileges in each.
To elect Sustaining Membership on both MAS and MSA, just click on the appropriate button below and fill out the on-line form. Then select the appropriate payment option and submit your payment. You will receive confirmation of dues payment from both Societies.