Annual Micrograph Competition
This competition rewards the innovative blending of art and science. Winning micrographs will be selected on the basis of artistic merit and general audience appeal. The winner of the 2015 Micrograph Competition is featured in the 2016 Call for Papers brochure. A maximum of three (3) awards will be presented; First Prize: $200; Two Second Prizes: $50 each.Criteria
- Entries must be scientifically significant
- Entries must contain novel information useful in resolving a scientific issue, and/or
- Present established information in a way that dramatically enhances its comprehension or interpretation.
- An individual may submit a maximum of two (2) entries (one award per entrant).
- Entries must have overall dimensions of 11" x 14" (horizontal or vertical), and be affixed to a stiff lightweight support (e.g. "foam board”). Micrographs may be mounted so that they have borders.
- Each entry must have a separate text sheet with the title and a 200-word (max) description of the image, including the technique and its scientific significance. Text is recommended to be printed in 14-pt Times New Roman font on a separate 8½" x 11" sheet. Entrant's name, address, employer/institution, email address, and image title shall be posted on the back of the mounted entry(ies).
- Entries must be brought to the meeting in Columbus and mounted on the display boards by 12:00 noon on Monday, August 7, 2017.
- Non-winning entries must be removed Thursday afternoon by 3:00 PM. Micrographs remaining after that time will be discarded.
- Winners will be announced at the meeting during the Wednesday afternoon poster awards. Submitted micrographs remain the property of the entrants subject to the conditions above.
So, as stated above no applications are necessary, simply bring your entry to the meeting with the noted criteria being met and post on the Micrograph Competition board.